But just as you excel in everything… see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” – 2 Corinthians 8:7
*Click on the link above to give your general tithes and offering or click here.
If you are having any problems or need assistance with online giving, you can send an email to our finance team at email@example.com.
GIVING AT BLOOMINGTON FIRST CHURCH
At Bloomington First there are multiple ways to give. Each method allows for God’s work to be done as you are faithful to his calling to give back. Find one that’s right for you…
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are. . .
- Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Bloomington First Church – Online giving is more efficient for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
AUTOMATED BANK DEBIT
Automated Bank Debit is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. To sign-up, you can use the link above. You can change your giving at any time by signing on. You can automate your giving using either Automatic Bank Debit or Automated Debit/Credit Card.
TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Financial giving at Bloomington First Church can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is ten percent of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
The ministry of Bloomington First Church is funded by God’s provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful Bloomington First members and attenders. At Bloomington First we honor God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Bloomington First remains beyond reproach.
Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and our internal budgeting and reporting processes. Additionally, Bloomington First has an annual financial review performed by an independent accounting firm.
Members of Bloomington First Church may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT CARDS
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
Online Giving Privacy Policies
Your information is held securely by the Community Church Builder system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions. You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at email@example.com.